Dagenham gambler banned from every bookies
A Dagenham gambler has been banned from every betting shop in the country for life after being found guilty of scamming a Norfolk bookies.
Kenneth Enver, of Fanshawe Crescent, who had already been banned from Ladbroke’s betting shops after pulling off dog racing scams all round the UK, was also jailed for 18 months last Tuesday.
The 44-year-old pocketed �462.50 in a scam at Ladbrokes in Hextable Road, King’s Lynn, on April 18 last year but it was the tip of the iceberg, Norwich Crown Court Recorder Chris Morgan was told.
And, as well as two other offences relating to Birmingham and High Wycombe, he had struck in Coventry, Dudley, Bristol and various parts of London including Hackney, Islington and, East Ham, the court was told.
Enver, who asked for 10 offences to be taken into consideration, was made the subject of a restraining order for life preventing him from entering any bookmakers. Following his success at altering a betting slip to prise the winnings from staff at Kings Lynn, Enver had been already been banned from all Ladbroke’s shops but the court extended the idea.
You may also want to watch:
However, the court heard, that the ban will not prevent him from betting because he will be able to use other methods involving setting up accounts.
A former Millwall youth player, the court was told that he had accumulated gambling debts and had committed the offences in a bid, among other things, to pay off those debts.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper