Dagenham gang member jailed for part in �18,000 robbery
A DAGENHAM man is among four gang members facing several years behind bars for their part in a cash transit robbery.
Jamie Gregory, 23, of Stour Road, plus three other men, were arrested on August 27 last year shortly after �18,000 was stolen from a Loomis security guard outside McDonald’s, in Bryant Avenue, Romford.
The gang was stopped by the Barking based North East Flying Squad as they were driving along the A13 and officers found a cash box in their car containing the money.
Gregory plus Julian Bengura, 25, of Ivy Road, Canning Town and Thomas Warrick, 19. of Playhouse Square, Harlow, Essex were sentenced to six years in jail at Snaresbrook Crown Court on last Friday.
A fourth defendant - Ricky Russell, 29, of Union Road, Romford - was sentenced to five years imprisonment.
You may also want to watch:
The men had pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to rob between August 26 and 27 last year at a plea and case management hearing on January 13 at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal