Dagenham homeowner chased off men who tried to break into his home
A homeowner chased three men away after they tried to break in to his Dagenham home.
The resident heard the men attempting to break the front door of the Grove Way property using a metal tool at 1.40pm on November 9.
When the man opened the door the suspects ran and the householder chased them down the road. They then got in to a silver/gold Jaguar car, possibly with a ‘D’ in the registration number.
Two of the men are described as white and around 22-years-old. One of them had short black hair, and was wearing a black cap, black sweater and black jeans. The other was wearing a white top and a dark cap.
There is no description available for the third suspect.
Investigating Officer DC Jess Stephens said: “I am appealing to anyone who has information concerning this crime. Someone knows who this vehicle belongs to, and who these burglars are. Call the Burglary Squad in confidence and leave the rest to us.”
Call the Barking and Dagenham Police Burglary Squad on (020) 3275 1045.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests