Dagenham homeowner chased off men who tried to break into his home
A homeowner chased three men away after they tried to break in to his Dagenham home.
The resident heard the men attempting to break the front door of the Grove Way property using a metal tool at 1.40pm on November 9.
When the man opened the door the suspects ran and the householder chased them down the road. They then got in to a silver/gold Jaguar car, possibly with a ‘D’ in the registration number.
Two of the men are described as white and around 22-years-old. One of them had short black hair, and was wearing a black cap, black sweater and black jeans. The other was wearing a white top and a dark cap.
There is no description available for the third suspect.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer DC Jess Stephens said: “I am appealing to anyone who has information concerning this crime. Someone knows who this vehicle belongs to, and who these burglars are. Call the Burglary Squad in confidence and leave the rest to us.”
Call the Barking and Dagenham Police Burglary Squad on (020) 3275 1045.
- 1 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 9 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham