Dagenham man, 22, charged with attempted murder
A Dagenham man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder.
Antonio Batsimba, 22, appeared before Crawley Magistrates’ Court this morning to hear the charges plus another of inflicting grievous bodily harm.
Two men were left with serious head injuries after the incident behind Argos in in Crawley town centre on September 15.
Batsimba did not make a plea during the short hearing and was remanded in custody.
Eight other men have been arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Six suspects have been bailed pending further enquiries and two have been released with no further action to be taken.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020