Dagenham man, 22, charged with attempted murder
A Dagenham man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder.
Antonio Batsimba, 22, appeared before Crawley Magistrates’ Court this morning to hear the charges plus another of inflicting grievous bodily harm.
Two men were left with serious head injuries after the incident behind Argos in in Crawley town centre on September 15.
Batsimba did not make a plea during the short hearing and was remanded in custody.
Eight other men have been arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Six suspects have been bailed pending further enquiries and two have been released with no further action to be taken.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police