Dagenham man, 22, charged with attempted murder
A Dagenham man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder.
Antonio Batsimba, 22, appeared before Crawley Magistrates’ Court this morning to hear the charges plus another of inflicting grievous bodily harm.
Two men were left with serious head injuries after the incident behind Argos in in Crawley town centre on September 15.
Batsimba did not make a plea during the short hearing and was remanded in custody.
Eight other men have been arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Six suspects have been bailed pending further enquiries and two have been released with no further action to be taken.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 7 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 8 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 9 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 10 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer