Dagenham man arrested in connection with the shooting of Brenton Roper in Bow
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Dagenham has been arrested in connection with the shooting of 41-year-old Brenton Roper in Bow.
Mr Roper was shot and stabbed near his home at 4.30pm on 3rd May.
Shah Mohammed Habibur Rahman, 27 of Longbridge Road, was charged on Thursday 7th September. He is the fourth person to be charged in connection with the murder.
He will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 8th September.
The other men arrested were all from Tower Hamlets - Mohammed Shaid, 27 of Arrow Road, Monzur Ahmed, 27 of Whitethorn Street and Foyzur Rahman, 27 of Beveridge Mews. They are due to appear at the Old Bailey on 14th September.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking in May, Mr Roper’s family paid tribute to him, saying: “Brenton was a loving and loyal son, dad, brother, uncle, cousin and friend.
“He was a well respected man and had respect for others; we are all devastated he was taken from us in such a horrific way.”
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete