Dagenham man arrested in connection with the shooting of Brenton Roper in Bow
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Dagenham has been arrested in connection with the shooting of 41-year-old Brenton Roper in Bow.
Mr Roper was shot and stabbed near his home at 4.30pm on 3rd May.
Shah Mohammed Habibur Rahman, 27 of Longbridge Road, was charged on Thursday 7th September. He is the fourth person to be charged in connection with the murder.
He will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 8th September.
The other men arrested were all from Tower Hamlets - Mohammed Shaid, 27 of Arrow Road, Monzur Ahmed, 27 of Whitethorn Street and Foyzur Rahman, 27 of Beveridge Mews. They are due to appear at the Old Bailey on 14th September.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking in May, Mr Roper’s family paid tribute to him, saying: “Brenton was a loving and loyal son, dad, brother, uncle, cousin and friend.
“He was a well respected man and had respect for others; we are all devastated he was taken from us in such a horrific way.”
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 8 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham