Dagenham man arrested in connection with the shooting of Brenton Roper in Bow
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Dagenham has been arrested in connection with the shooting of 41-year-old Brenton Roper in Bow.
Mr Roper was shot and stabbed near his home at 4.30pm on 3rd May.
Shah Mohammed Habibur Rahman, 27 of Longbridge Road, was charged on Thursday 7th September. He is the fourth person to be charged in connection with the murder.
He will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 8th September.
The other men arrested were all from Tower Hamlets - Mohammed Shaid, 27 of Arrow Road, Monzur Ahmed, 27 of Whitethorn Street and Foyzur Rahman, 27 of Beveridge Mews. They are due to appear at the Old Bailey on 14th September.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking in May, Mr Roper’s family paid tribute to him, saying: “Brenton was a loving and loyal son, dad, brother, uncle, cousin and friend.
“He was a well respected man and had respect for others; we are all devastated he was taken from us in such a horrific way.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?