Dagenham man arrested in Essex road traffic clampdown
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A Dagenham man is among 13 people arrested this week during three traffic operations by Essex Police.
The 35-year-old was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and released under investigation.
Wednesday’s operation near Stansted Airport saw five people arrested, with 109 people caught driving without wearing a seatbelt and 40 drivers issued ticketed for various traffic offences, officers said.
Essex Police also recovered two stolen vehicles in the area.
The remaining eight arrests occurred earlier in the week during similar operations around the A13 and in the south of the county.
You may also want to watch:
“These operations highlight to us the number of people using our road networks that are not only committing traffic offences but have also committed other crimes in our county,” said Matt Hine of Essex Police.
“If you choose to drive while committing a crime or after committing a crime, it will only be a matter of time before you’re caught and dealt with accordingly.”
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs