Dagenham man arrested in Essex road traffic clampdown
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A Dagenham man is among 13 people arrested this week during three traffic operations by Essex Police.
The 35-year-old was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and released under investigation.
Wednesday’s operation near Stansted Airport saw five people arrested, with 109 people caught driving without wearing a seatbelt and 40 drivers issued ticketed for various traffic offences, officers said.
Essex Police also recovered two stolen vehicles in the area.
The remaining eight arrests occurred earlier in the week during similar operations around the A13 and in the south of the county.
You may also want to watch:
“These operations highlight to us the number of people using our road networks that are not only committing traffic offences but have also committed other crimes in our county,” said Matt Hine of Essex Police.
“If you choose to drive while committing a crime or after committing a crime, it will only be a matter of time before you’re caught and dealt with accordingly.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot