Dagenham man arrested in Essex road traffic clampdown
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A Dagenham man is among 13 people arrested this week during three traffic operations by Essex Police.
The 35-year-old was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and released under investigation.
Wednesday’s operation near Stansted Airport saw five people arrested, with 109 people caught driving without wearing a seatbelt and 40 drivers issued ticketed for various traffic offences, officers said.
Essex Police also recovered two stolen vehicles in the area.
The remaining eight arrests occurred earlier in the week during similar operations around the A13 and in the south of the county.
You may also want to watch:
“These operations highlight to us the number of people using our road networks that are not only committing traffic offences but have also committed other crimes in our county,” said Matt Hine of Essex Police.
“If you choose to drive while committing a crime or after committing a crime, it will only be a matter of time before you’re caught and dealt with accordingly.”
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils