Dagenham man arrested over Chigwell attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham man is one of two people arrested yesterday on suspicion of attempted murder following a shooting at a Chigwell sports club.
The 36-year-old victim was shot in the shoulder at Woolston Hall, Abridge Road on Sunday, September 7.
He was treated in hospital but returned home the same evening.
A 30-year-old from Dagenham was arrested when he visited Harlow police station yesterday.
A 29-year-old from Loughton was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a search warrant that morning.
Two people from Waltham Abbey have also been arrested in connection with the case.
A woman aged 24 was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and a 25-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 3 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 4 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 5 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 6 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 7 Care provider taken to court by council in waste disposal dispute
- 8 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 9 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 10 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
All four have been bailed until February 17 pending further enquiries.