Dagenham man arrested over Chigwell attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham man is one of two people arrested yesterday on suspicion of attempted murder following a shooting at a Chigwell sports club.
The 36-year-old victim was shot in the shoulder at Woolston Hall, Abridge Road on Sunday, September 7.
He was treated in hospital but returned home the same evening.
A 30-year-old from Dagenham was arrested when he visited Harlow police station yesterday.
A 29-year-old from Loughton was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a search warrant that morning.
You may also want to watch:
Two people from Waltham Abbey have also been arrested in connection with the case.
A woman aged 24 was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and a 25-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
All four have been bailed until February 17 pending further enquiries.