Dagenham man arrested over Chigwell attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham man is one of two people arrested yesterday on suspicion of attempted murder following a shooting at a Chigwell sports club.
The 36-year-old victim was shot in the shoulder at Woolston Hall, Abridge Road on Sunday, September 7.
He was treated in hospital but returned home the same evening.
A 30-year-old from Dagenham was arrested when he visited Harlow police station yesterday.
A 29-year-old from Loughton was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a search warrant that morning.
You may also want to watch:
Two people from Waltham Abbey have also been arrested in connection with the case.
A woman aged 24 was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and a 25-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 3 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
All four have been bailed until February 17 pending further enquiries.