Dagenham man arrested over Chigwell attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham man is one of two people arrested yesterday on suspicion of attempted murder following a shooting at a Chigwell sports club.
The 36-year-old victim was shot in the shoulder at Woolston Hall, Abridge Road on Sunday, September 7.
He was treated in hospital but returned home the same evening.
A 30-year-old from Dagenham was arrested when he visited Harlow police station yesterday.
A 29-year-old from Loughton was also arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a search warrant that morning.
You may also want to watch:
Two people from Waltham Abbey have also been arrested in connection with the case.
A woman aged 24 was arrested on suspicion of money laundering and a 25-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
All four have been bailed until February 17 pending further enquiries.