Dagenham man avoids jail for drunk and disorderly behaviour
A 26-year-old was in the dock yesterday after being arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Dagenham last month.
Shane Pemberton, of Blackborne Road, Dagenham, pleaded guilty to the charge relating to August 19.
The court heard that officers were called by a member of the public and arrived at Stanford Road to see Pemberton being restrained by another male.
Police tried to calm him down but he was aggressive, leading them to arrest him.
Representing himself at Barkingside Magistrates Court, Pemberton said he and a female friend had had a few drinks and were walking home when they were approached by two men.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I tried to defend myself and said I didn’t want any trouble but they kept on harassing us. I got a bit annoyed and one of them started attacking me. They called the police and I was arrested without being given a chance to say what happened.”
Pemberton was given a conditional discharge for six months and ordered to pay a £15 surcharge.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking