Dagenham man avoids jail for drunk and disorderly behaviour
A 26-year-old was in the dock yesterday after being arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Dagenham last month.
Shane Pemberton, of Blackborne Road, Dagenham, pleaded guilty to the charge relating to August 19.
The court heard that officers were called by a member of the public and arrived at Stanford Road to see Pemberton being restrained by another male.
Police tried to calm him down but he was aggressive, leading them to arrest him.
Representing himself at Barkingside Magistrates Court, Pemberton said he and a female friend had had a few drinks and were walking home when they were approached by two men.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I tried to defend myself and said I didn’t want any trouble but they kept on harassing us. I got a bit annoyed and one of them started attacking me. They called the police and I was arrested without being given a chance to say what happened.”
Pemberton was given a conditional discharge for six months and ordered to pay a £15 surcharge.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Admissions open for new Barking school