Dagenham man charged with manslaughter
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham man has been charged with manslaughter in connection with the death of a man from Grays.
Jamie Sheppard, 29, of Rainham Road South, was one of five people to be arrested in connection with the death of Trevor Cowan after dawn raids were carried out yesterday (Tuesday).
Mr Cowan, 35, fell ill on April 18 and later died in hospital. He had been assaulted six days earlier.
Sheppard and three others - Jamie Dowman, 34, of Raphael Avenue, Tilbury, 20-year-old Alfie Livett, of Leighton Gardens, Tilbury, and Harry Millington, 27, of Salisbury Road, Grays, are due to appear at Basildon Magistrates' Court today (Wednesday).
All are charged with manslaughter, two counts of assault by beating, aggravated burglary, and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
A fifth man who was arrested remains in custody.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack