Dagenham man charged with manslaughter
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham man has been charged with manslaughter in connection with the death of a man from Grays.
Jamie Sheppard, 29, of Rainham Road South, was one of five people to be arrested in connection with the death of Trevor Cowan after dawn raids were carried out yesterday (Tuesday).
Mr Cowan, 35, fell ill on April 18 and later died in hospital. He had been assaulted six days earlier.
Sheppard and three others - Jamie Dowman, 34, of Raphael Avenue, Tilbury, 20-year-old Alfie Livett, of Leighton Gardens, Tilbury, and Harry Millington, 27, of Salisbury Road, Grays, are due to appear at Basildon Magistrates' Court today (Wednesday).
All are charged with manslaughter, two counts of assault by beating, aggravated burglary, and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
A fifth man who was arrested remains in custody.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham