Dagenham man charged with manslaughter
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham man has been charged with manslaughter in connection with the death of a man from Grays.
Jamie Sheppard, 29, of Rainham Road South, was one of five people to be arrested in connection with the death of Trevor Cowan after dawn raids were carried out yesterday (Tuesday).
Mr Cowan, 35, fell ill on April 18 and later died in hospital. He had been assaulted six days earlier.
Sheppard and three others - Jamie Dowman, 34, of Raphael Avenue, Tilbury, 20-year-old Alfie Livett, of Leighton Gardens, Tilbury, and Harry Millington, 27, of Salisbury Road, Grays, are due to appear at Basildon Magistrates' Court today (Wednesday).
All are charged with manslaughter, two counts of assault by beating, aggravated burglary, and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
A fifth man who was arrested remains in custody.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people