Dagenham man charged with conspiracy to control prostitution
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A man who lives in Dagenham has been charged as part of an investigation into alleged modern slavery and human trafficking.
Chung Fu Wang, 37, of Blackborne Road, was charged with conspiracy to control prostitution for gain.
Lina Wang, 40, of Bartlow Road in Linton in Cambridgeshire, was charged with the same offence and with money laundering.
They both appeared at Medway Magistrates’ Court on Friday, August 20 and have been remanded in custody. They are due to appear at Maidstone Crown Court on September 17.
The charges follow search warrants being carried out by Kent Police in Dagenham, Cambridge, Croydon and Reading.
You may also want to watch:
During the searches, items were seized including more than 70 phones, three cars and thousands of pounds in cash.
A 26-year-old woman from Croydon and 36-year-old man from Cambridge were also arrested. They remain under investigation.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 4 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 5 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 6 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 7 Barking social enterprise welcomes back community with 'open house'
- 8 Data reveals number of road incidents involving children in borough
- 9 Mo Sagaf provided balance to Dagenham's midfield in Weymouth win
- 10 Man hit with traffic cone in Barking fight remains in critical condition