Dagenham man convicted of drink driving in Southend
- Credit: Archant
A motorist from Dagenham has been convicted of drink driving after he was stopped by police in Essex.
Daniel Parks, 26, of Sedgemoor Drive, was arrested by police in Southend last December and subsequently charged.
Last week he was disqualified for 12 months and ordered to pay £350 in costs.
Parks has been named and shamed as part of a Christmas anti-drink and drug driving campaign by Essex Police.
Pc Tracey Bishop, who is also a family liaison officer, said: “Having to tell someone their loved one has been killed because a driver made the selfish decision to get behind the when under the influence is the worst part of my job.
You may also want to watch:
“There are no words to describe the devastation caused by drink and drug driving.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault