Dagenham man denies murder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A Dagenham man has pleaded not guilty to murdering a man earlier this year.
At the Old Bailey today (October 13), Airidas Janavicius, 38, of Burdetts Road, Dagenham, denied murdering Marius Lakavicius.
Marius, 44, was found with injuries in Goresbrook Road, Dagenham after police were called at about 11.55pm on July 23.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination gave a provisional cause of death as head injuries.
Janavicius pleaded guilty to a charge of perverting the course of justice.
His next hearing date is listed for November 10.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking