Dagenham man denies murder
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A Dagenham man has pleaded not guilty to murdering a man earlier this year.
At the Old Bailey today (October 13), Airidas Janavicius, 38, of Burdetts Road, Dagenham, denied murdering Marius Lakavicius.
Marius, 44, was found with injuries in Goresbrook Road, Dagenham after police were called at about 11.55pm on July 23.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination gave a provisional cause of death as head injuries.
Janavicius pleaded guilty to a charge of perverting the course of justice.
His next hearing date is listed for November 10.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today