Dagenham man fights for life after suspected street fight
A man is fighting for his life today after a suspected street fight in Dagenham.
The unnamed 22-year-old from Dagenham was found with serious head injuries in Downing Road at around 10.45pm on Friday.
Two men, aged 19 and 22, have been arrested in connection with an alleged assault.
A Met police spokesman said: “One man aged 22 was arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault and he is now in custody at an east London police station.
“Detectives are urgently appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen an altercation or anything suspicious to come forward.”
Police said the 19-year-old man was arrested yesterday at an address in Dagenham and the pair remained in custody today.
The victim was in a “critical” condition at an Essex hospital this morning, the Met spokesman added.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today