Dagenham man jailed for role in drugs gang
- Credit: Essex Police
Three members of a drugs gang operating across the south east have been jailed.
Basildon Crown Court heard how David Newton, 32, was arrested in Witham, Essex, in August last year and found to have cocaine with a street value of £2,500 in his car and an additional £1,500 worth at his home in Calamint Road, Witham.
Officers subsequently arrested two associates – Kristopher Huckle, 38, of no fixed address in Dagenham and Jake Duhig, 28, of Adey Close, Southampton.
When officers executed a warrant on Duhig’s home, they found cocaine with a street value of about £17,800.
Newton admitted conspiracy to supply cocaine, dangerous driving and possession of cannabis and yesterday was jailed for five and a half years.
You may also want to watch:
Huckle also admitted conspiracy to supply cocaine and was jailed for six years and eight months.
Duhig denied conspiracy to supply cocaine, possession of amphetamine and possession of cannabis, but was found guilty and jailed for seven years.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?