Dagenham man jailed for role in drugs gang
- Credit: Essex Police
Three members of a drugs gang operating across the south east have been jailed.
Basildon Crown Court heard how David Newton, 32, was arrested in Witham, Essex, in August last year and found to have cocaine with a street value of £2,500 in his car and an additional £1,500 worth at his home in Calamint Road, Witham.
Officers subsequently arrested two associates – Kristopher Huckle, 38, of no fixed address in Dagenham and Jake Duhig, 28, of Adey Close, Southampton.
When officers executed a warrant on Duhig’s home, they found cocaine with a street value of about £17,800.
Newton admitted conspiracy to supply cocaine, dangerous driving and possession of cannabis and yesterday was jailed for five and a half years.
You may also want to watch:
Huckle also admitted conspiracy to supply cocaine and was jailed for six years and eight months.
Duhig denied conspiracy to supply cocaine, possession of amphetamine and possession of cannabis, but was found guilty and jailed for seven years.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack