Dagenham man stabbed four times in London Bridge terror attack
- Credit: PA
A Dagenham man was among more than 40 injured in Saturday night’s terrorist attack in London
Brett Freeman, from Dagenham, was enjoying a night out with friends when he was stabbed four times after three men – later shot dead by police in Borough Market– drove into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing members of the public.
His friend Darren Mole posted a picture of Brett recovering in hospital and hailed him a “soldier”.
Dagenham-based football team May and Bakers tweeted: “Thoughts with our midfield general from last season. Speedy recovery Brett!”
Seven people, including Canadian Chrissy Archibald, died during the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve people were arrested during a related raid at a block of flats in Barking yesterday – one man since has been released – and another has taken place in Dagenham this morning.
A gofundme page was set up to support Brett, a father who is due to get married soon.
More than £1,600 has already been raised, and donations can be made at gofundme.com/brett-the-warrior-london-victim
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham