Dagenham man stabbed four times in London Bridge terror attack
- Credit: PA
A Dagenham man was among more than 40 injured in Saturday night’s terrorist attack in London
Brett Freeman, from Dagenham, was enjoying a night out with friends when he was stabbed four times after three men – later shot dead by police in Borough Market– drove into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing members of the public.
His friend Darren Mole posted a picture of Brett recovering in hospital and hailed him a “soldier”.
Dagenham-based football team May and Bakers tweeted: “Thoughts with our midfield general from last season. Speedy recovery Brett!”
Seven people, including Canadian Chrissy Archibald, died during the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve people were arrested during a related raid at a block of flats in Barking yesterday – one man since has been released – and another has taken place in Dagenham this morning.
A gofundme page was set up to support Brett, a father who is due to get married soon.
More than £1,600 has already been raised, and donations can be made at gofundme.com/brett-the-warrior-london-victim
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils