Dagenham man stabbed four times in London Bridge terror attack
- Credit: PA
A Dagenham man was among more than 40 injured in Saturday night’s terrorist attack in London
Brett Freeman, from Dagenham, was enjoying a night out with friends when he was stabbed four times after three men – later shot dead by police in Borough Market– drove into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing members of the public.
His friend Darren Mole posted a picture of Brett recovering in hospital and hailed him a “soldier”.
Dagenham-based football team May and Bakers tweeted: “Thoughts with our midfield general from last season. Speedy recovery Brett!”
Seven people, including Canadian Chrissy Archibald, died during the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve people were arrested during a related raid at a block of flats in Barking yesterday – one man since has been released – and another has taken place in Dagenham this morning.
A gofundme page was set up to support Brett, a father who is due to get married soon.
More than £1,600 has already been raised, and donations can be made at gofundme.com/brett-the-warrior-london-victim
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 10 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham