Dagenham man told ‘you made a stupid mistake’ after smoking cannabis in street
A man was told he made a “stupid mistake” smoking cannabis in the street and was ordered to pay £100 by the chairman of the bench.
Jonathan Pollard, 23, of Charlecote Road, Dagenham, was caught with cannabis in his possession and pleaded guilty at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Thursday, June 19.
The prosecutor explained an officer on cycle patrol smelt a strong smell of cannabis coming from Pollard on December 13, 2013.
Before he was searched he handed the policeman a joint and confirmed it was cannabis.
Representing himself, Pollard said: “It was an honest mistake, I wasn’t thinking.”
You may also want to watch:
The chairman replied: “It can’t be an honest mistake, it was a stupid mistake more like, smoking in the street.
“I’m going to impose a conditional discharge, so if you stay out of trouble that will be it,” he added.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
He was also ordered to pay £85 in prosecution costs and a £15 surcharge.