Dagenham man told ‘you made a stupid mistake’ after smoking cannabis in street
A man was told he made a “stupid mistake” smoking cannabis in the street and was ordered to pay £100 by the chairman of the bench.
Jonathan Pollard, 23, of Charlecote Road, Dagenham, was caught with cannabis in his possession and pleaded guilty at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Thursday, June 19.
The prosecutor explained an officer on cycle patrol smelt a strong smell of cannabis coming from Pollard on December 13, 2013.
Before he was searched he handed the policeman a joint and confirmed it was cannabis.
Representing himself, Pollard said: “It was an honest mistake, I wasn’t thinking.”
You may also want to watch:
The chairman replied: “It can’t be an honest mistake, it was a stupid mistake more like, smoking in the street.
“I’m going to impose a conditional discharge, so if you stay out of trouble that will be it,” he added.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
He was also ordered to pay £85 in prosecution costs and a £15 surcharge.