Dagenham man told ‘you made a stupid mistake’ after smoking cannabis in street
A man was told he made a “stupid mistake” smoking cannabis in the street and was ordered to pay £100 by the chairman of the bench.
Jonathan Pollard, 23, of Charlecote Road, Dagenham, was caught with cannabis in his possession and pleaded guilty at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Thursday, June 19.
The prosecutor explained an officer on cycle patrol smelt a strong smell of cannabis coming from Pollard on December 13, 2013.
Before he was searched he handed the policeman a joint and confirmed it was cannabis.
Representing himself, Pollard said: “It was an honest mistake, I wasn’t thinking.”
You may also want to watch:
The chairman replied: “It can’t be an honest mistake, it was a stupid mistake more like, smoking in the street.
“I’m going to impose a conditional discharge, so if you stay out of trouble that will be it,” he added.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
He was also ordered to pay £85 in prosecution costs and a £15 surcharge.