Dagenham Motors commended for disabled driver scheme
Dagenham Motors showrooms have been commended for providing outstanding customer service to disabled drivers.
The Ford dealership, which includes a showroom in Ripple Road, Barking, was runner-up at an award ceremony organised by the disabled drivers’ charitable organisation Motability.
The 37-branch company gives disabled drivers financial incentives to buy adapted vehicles and insurance as part of the Motability scheme, which runs across the country.
Malcolm Tutton, Motability manager at Dagenham Motors, said: “The Motability scheme delivers a service that enhances the lives and opportunities for disabled people and their families.
“It is extremely important to Dagenham Motors and we are tremendously proud to have been commended for this award. It really demonstrates the spectacular commitment from every member of staff.”
Nearly 600 companies competed for the dealership of the year award which was won by Bristol Street Motors.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 10 Dagenham landlord fined for unlawful eviction after secretly changing locks