‘Aggressive and agitated’ man arrested after smashing through front counter screen at Dagenham police station
- Credit: Archant
An “aggressive” man was tasered after smashing up the front counter at Dagenham police station, causing it to be closed to the public overnight.
Police say the man entered the 24-hour station Rainham Road South shortly after 10.30pm last night (Thursday, November 19) and “became increasingly aggressive and agitated towards staff and began trying to break (the) front counter screen.”
A spokesperson said: “He was very quickly arrested in the corridor on suspicion of criminal damage after managing to climb through the broken screen.
“Police taser was deployed.”
Residents were advised to go to their nearest alternative police station if needing to speak to police in person, or alternatively call 101, tweet @MetCC or visit met.police.uk to submit a crime report.
You may also want to watch:
In an emergency, always call 999.
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week