‘Aggressive and agitated’ man arrested after smashing through front counter screen at Dagenham police station
- Credit: Archant
An “aggressive” man was tasered after smashing up the front counter at Dagenham police station, causing it to be closed to the public overnight.
Police say the man entered the 24-hour station Rainham Road South shortly after 10.30pm last night (Thursday, November 19) and “became increasingly aggressive and agitated towards staff and began trying to break (the) front counter screen.”
A spokesperson said: “He was very quickly arrested in the corridor on suspicion of criminal damage after managing to climb through the broken screen.
“Police taser was deployed.”
Residents were advised to go to their nearest alternative police station if needing to speak to police in person, or alternatively call 101, tweet @MetCC or visit met.police.uk to submit a crime report.
You may also want to watch:
In an emergency, always call 999.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot