Dagenham robber caught “purple handed”
A bungling robber who booked a cab from a Dagenham house to escape from police after pulling off a security van raid was jailed for four years today.
Ashley Montaque, 19, was easily traced by Flying Squad detectives who had arrived at the house of fellow gang member Brian Decktor, 22.
Montaque and a third unknown robber, who did evade capture, were holed up with Decktor at his house in Raydons Road, Dagenham, to share the �25,000 loot.
When the trio spotted they were under surveillance, Montaque sprinted from the scene but stopped to order a taxi to his home on Waltham Way, Chingford.
Decktor was caught “purple handed” after he opened his front door to officers clutching wads of banknotes stained with security dye after an earlier heist in East Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Decktor was last month jailed for six years after both robbers were convicted of of conspiracy to commit robbery at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket