Dagenham robber caught “purple handed”
A bungling robber who booked a cab from a Dagenham house to escape from police after pulling off a security van raid was jailed for four years today.
Ashley Montaque, 19, was easily traced by Flying Squad detectives who had arrived at the house of fellow gang member Brian Decktor, 22.
Montaque and a third unknown robber, who did evade capture, were holed up with Decktor at his house in Raydons Road, Dagenham, to share the �25,000 loot.
When the trio spotted they were under surveillance, Montaque sprinted from the scene but stopped to order a taxi to his home on Waltham Way, Chingford.
Decktor was caught “purple handed” after he opened his front door to officers clutching wads of banknotes stained with security dye after an earlier heist in East Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Decktor was last month jailed for six years after both robbers were convicted of of conspiracy to commit robbery at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking