Dagenham robber caught “purple handed”
A bungling robber who booked a cab from a Dagenham house to escape from police after pulling off a security van raid was jailed for four years today.
Ashley Montaque, 19, was easily traced by Flying Squad detectives who had arrived at the house of fellow gang member Brian Decktor, 22.
Montaque and a third unknown robber, who did evade capture, were holed up with Decktor at his house in Raydons Road, Dagenham, to share the �25,000 loot.
When the trio spotted they were under surveillance, Montaque sprinted from the scene but stopped to order a taxi to his home on Waltham Way, Chingford.
Decktor was caught “purple handed” after he opened his front door to officers clutching wads of banknotes stained with security dye after an earlier heist in East Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Decktor was last month jailed for six years after both robbers were convicted of of conspiracy to commit robbery at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham