Dagenham robber caught “purple handed”
A bungling robber who booked a cab from a Dagenham house to escape from police after pulling off a security van raid was jailed for four years today.
Ashley Montaque, 19, was easily traced by Flying Squad detectives who had arrived at the house of fellow gang member Brian Decktor, 22.
Montaque and a third unknown robber, who did evade capture, were holed up with Decktor at his house in Raydons Road, Dagenham, to share the �25,000 loot.
When the trio spotted they were under surveillance, Montaque sprinted from the scene but stopped to order a taxi to his home on Waltham Way, Chingford.
Decktor was caught “purple handed” after he opened his front door to officers clutching wads of banknotes stained with security dye after an earlier heist in East Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Decktor was last month jailed for six years after both robbers were convicted of of conspiracy to commit robbery at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?