Dagenham scrapyard update: Police charge six men
Police have charged men who allegedly worked with BT staff to steal thousands of pounds of underground cables.
Suspected thieves were arrested at home as police raided a Dagenham scrapyard on Thursday morning.
Jamie Summerscales, 38, of Springfield Road, West Ham, and Simon Read, 39, of Station Road, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with conspiracy to steal on Saturday.
They have been bailed to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 21.
Tommy Taylor, 35, of Meadow Lane, Wickford, and John Harding, 51, of Meadow Road, Romford, were arrested at the scrapyard.
You may also want to watch:
They have been charged with conspiracy to steal and been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on January 16.
Jamie Ratford, 32, of Dunedin House, Fernill Street, Woolwich and Ryan Wiley, 25, of Ravensbourne Place, Gidea Park, were also charged with conspiracy to steal.
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham
They have been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on January 16.
Two BT workers, a 54-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 58-year-old man from Essex, and a 42-year-old woman from Essex, have been bailed to March 20 pending further inquiries.