Dagenham scrapyard update: Police charge six men
Police have charged men who allegedly worked with BT staff to steal thousands of pounds of underground cables.
Suspected thieves were arrested at home as police raided a Dagenham scrapyard on Thursday morning.
Jamie Summerscales, 38, of Springfield Road, West Ham, and Simon Read, 39, of Station Road, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with conspiracy to steal on Saturday.
They have been bailed to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 21.
Tommy Taylor, 35, of Meadow Lane, Wickford, and John Harding, 51, of Meadow Road, Romford, were arrested at the scrapyard.
They have been charged with conspiracy to steal and been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on January 16.
Jamie Ratford, 32, of Dunedin House, Fernill Street, Woolwich and Ryan Wiley, 25, of Ravensbourne Place, Gidea Park, were also charged with conspiracy to steal.
- 1 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 2 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 3 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 4 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 5 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 6 Book examines police failings in Stephen Port investigation
- 7 Bow man charged with three offences after Dagenham stabbing
- 8 Dagenham man loses third of bodyweight during lockdown
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Quickfire double sends Dagenham & Redbridge past Southend United
They have been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on January 16.
Two BT workers, a 54-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 58-year-old man from Essex, and a 42-year-old woman from Essex, have been bailed to March 20 pending further inquiries.