Dagenham scrapyard update: Police charge six men
Police have charged men who allegedly worked with BT staff to steal thousands of pounds of underground cables.
Suspected thieves were arrested at home as police raided a Dagenham scrapyard on Thursday morning.
Jamie Summerscales, 38, of Springfield Road, West Ham, and Simon Read, 39, of Station Road, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with conspiracy to steal on Saturday.
They have been bailed to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 21.
Tommy Taylor, 35, of Meadow Lane, Wickford, and John Harding, 51, of Meadow Road, Romford, were arrested at the scrapyard.
You may also want to watch:
They have been charged with conspiracy to steal and been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on January 16.
Jamie Ratford, 32, of Dunedin House, Fernill Street, Woolwich and Ryan Wiley, 25, of Ravensbourne Place, Gidea Park, were also charged with conspiracy to steal.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
They have been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on January 16.
Two BT workers, a 54-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 58-year-old man from Essex, and a 42-year-old woman from Essex, have been bailed to March 20 pending further inquiries.