Dagenham scrapyard update: Police charge six men
Police have charged men who allegedly worked with BT staff to steal thousands of pounds of underground cables.
Suspected thieves were arrested at home as police raided a Dagenham scrapyard on Thursday morning.
Jamie Summerscales, 38, of Springfield Road, West Ham, and Simon Read, 39, of Station Road, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with conspiracy to steal on Saturday.
They have been bailed to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 21.
Tommy Taylor, 35, of Meadow Lane, Wickford, and John Harding, 51, of Meadow Road, Romford, were arrested at the scrapyard.
You may also want to watch:
They have been charged with conspiracy to steal and been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on January 16.
Jamie Ratford, 32, of Dunedin House, Fernill Street, Woolwich and Ryan Wiley, 25, of Ravensbourne Place, Gidea Park, were also charged with conspiracy to steal.
- 1 Hainault woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 8 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting
- 10 Vote: Should all restrictions be eased from June 21?
They have been bailed to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on January 16.
Two BT workers, a 54-year-old man from Hertfordshire and a 58-year-old man from Essex, and a 42-year-old woman from Essex, have been bailed to March 20 pending further inquiries.