Dagenham security guard tasered in attempted robbery
A Dagenham security guard was tasered in a violent attempted robbery as he attempted to carry a cashbox out of a post office.
The attack, which took place in a Brentwood store on Thursday (November 29), unfolded shortly after 11am.
The 30-year-old victim was carrying the box, which was empty, when he was confronted inside the Eastham Crescent post office.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics but did not require any hospital treatment.
The man who tasered him and a baseball-wielding accomplice ran out and off towards The Broadwalk South empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer, DC Leanne Ford from Essex Police, said: “As well as appealing for witnesses to the actual robbery, we’re keen to hear from people who saw these two men run off.”
The attackers were described as white and were wearing black jackets, blue jeans and balaclavas.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 9 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
The one holding the taser was around 5ft 6ins and the accomplice was 6ft 2ins.
Information to Basildon police station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.