Dagenham security guard tasered in attempted robbery
A Dagenham security guard was tasered in a violent attempted robbery as he attempted to carry a cashbox out of a post office.
The attack, which took place in a Brentwood store on Thursday (November 29), unfolded shortly after 11am.
The 30-year-old victim was carrying the box, which was empty, when he was confronted inside the Eastham Crescent post office.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics but did not require any hospital treatment.
The man who tasered him and a baseball-wielding accomplice ran out and off towards The Broadwalk South empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer, DC Leanne Ford from Essex Police, said: “As well as appealing for witnesses to the actual robbery, we’re keen to hear from people who saw these two men run off.”
The attackers were described as white and were wearing black jackets, blue jeans and balaclavas.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
The one holding the taser was around 5ft 6ins and the accomplice was 6ft 2ins.
Information to Basildon police station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.