Dagenham security guard tasered in attempted robbery
A Dagenham security guard was tasered in a violent attempted robbery as he attempted to carry a cashbox out of a post office.
The attack, which took place in a Brentwood store on Thursday (November 29), unfolded shortly after 11am.
The 30-year-old victim was carrying the box, which was empty, when he was confronted inside the Eastham Crescent post office.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics but did not require any hospital treatment.
The man who tasered him and a baseball-wielding accomplice ran out and off towards The Broadwalk South empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer, DC Leanne Ford from Essex Police, said: “As well as appealing for witnesses to the actual robbery, we’re keen to hear from people who saw these two men run off.”
The attackers were described as white and were wearing black jackets, blue jeans and balaclavas.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
The one holding the taser was around 5ft 6ins and the accomplice was 6ft 2ins.
Information to Basildon police station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.