Dagenham security guard tasered in attempted robbery
A Dagenham security guard was tasered in a violent attempted robbery as he attempted to carry a cashbox out of a post office.
The attack, which took place in a Brentwood store on Thursday (November 29), unfolded shortly after 11am.
The 30-year-old victim was carrying the box, which was empty, when he was confronted inside the Eastham Crescent post office.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics but did not require any hospital treatment.
The man who tasered him and a baseball-wielding accomplice ran out and off towards The Broadwalk South empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer, DC Leanne Ford from Essex Police, said: “As well as appealing for witnesses to the actual robbery, we’re keen to hear from people who saw these two men run off.”
The attackers were described as white and were wearing black jackets, blue jeans and balaclavas.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
The one holding the taser was around 5ft 6ins and the accomplice was 6ft 2ins.
Information to Basildon police station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.