Dagenham shopkeeper punched in face
- Credit: Google Maps
A Dagenham shopkeeper was left with a swollen eye after being punched in the face at her store.
The 41-year-old argued with a man outside her Broad Street convenience store in the early evening of Monday, February 16.
The man left but returned at around 5.30pm the same evening and hit her in the face.
She sustained a swollen left eye and some small cuts, but although an ambulance was called she did not require hospital treatment.
The man, described as black and aged 40 to 50, ran away from the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He spoke with a local accent and is described as being around 5ft 8ins tall, of thin build and with short dark hair and a small beard.
Anyone who was on Broad Street at the time and saw the incident, or who recognises the man from the description, should call Det Con Gemma Townsend on 020 3276 1096.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?