Dagenham shopkeeper punched in face
- Credit: Google Maps
A Dagenham shopkeeper was left with a swollen eye after being punched in the face at her store.
The 41-year-old argued with a man outside her Broad Street convenience store in the early evening of Monday, February 16.
The man left but returned at around 5.30pm the same evening and hit her in the face.
She sustained a swollen left eye and some small cuts, but although an ambulance was called she did not require hospital treatment.
The man, described as black and aged 40 to 50, ran away from the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He spoke with a local accent and is described as being around 5ft 8ins tall, of thin build and with short dark hair and a small beard.
Anyone who was on Broad Street at the time and saw the incident, or who recognises the man from the description, should call Det Con Gemma Townsend on 020 3276 1096.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?