Dagenham shopkeeper punched in face
- Credit: Google Maps
A Dagenham shopkeeper was left with a swollen eye after being punched in the face at her store.
The 41-year-old argued with a man outside her Broad Street convenience store in the early evening of Monday, February 16.
The man left but returned at around 5.30pm the same evening and hit her in the face.
She sustained a swollen left eye and some small cuts, but although an ambulance was called she did not require hospital treatment.
The man, described as black and aged 40 to 50, ran away from the scene.
You may also want to watch:
He spoke with a local accent and is described as being around 5ft 8ins tall, of thin build and with short dark hair and a small beard.
Anyone who was on Broad Street at the time and saw the incident, or who recognises the man from the description, should call Det Con Gemma Townsend on 020 3276 1096.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters