Dagenham takeaway thug is caught on camera
�Police are investigating after a thug left a takeaway worker bleeding and caused hundreds of pounds of damage in a violent rampage.
The brute smashed a �1,500 computer and threw a plant and chair at staff members at Eastern Eye restaurant in Broad Street, Dagenham after being told off for fidgeting with a menu.
The restaurant’s manager, 53, warned the yob the store’s CCTV was recording the attack but he allegedly told him to go back to his country and repeatedly punched him in the face.
The manager, who released the footage in a bid to identify the man who attacked his staff, said: “I think he came here to do something deliberately nasty.
“I told my staff not to do anything.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t want to take the law into my own hands. Through the law, I can give him a much better punishment.”
Police have launched an investigation following the attack, on April 23.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
Mr Chowdhury told how the yob started playing with the menu on the counter after entering the takeaway with another man at around 11.30pm.
He said he told the man in the yellow top to stop but claims moments later he smashed the takeaway’s ordering computer and repeatedly punched and kicked him.
He lifted a 10ft high plant, threw it on to the counter and flung a chair at staff.
Mr Chowdhury was left with a bloodied face but did not need hospital treatment.
A police spokeswoman said: “The victim in this crime was visited by Safer Neighbourhoods last week and offered crime prevention advice. The investigation is ongoing.
“In the event suspects cannot be identified by police from the CCTV, consideration will be given to the possibility of releasing suspect images in a public appeal for identification.”
Acting borough commander Ch Supt Gary Buttercase said: “The victim felt that the attack was a racist incident so therefore we are treating it as such.”
There had been no arrests when the Post went to print.
n If you witnessed the incident or can identify the suspect call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.