Dagenham teen arrested at Chelmsford EDL protest
A 19-year-old man from Dagenham is among three people arrested following a protest by members of the English Defence League in Chelmsford city centre.
The demonstration started at around 2.30pm today (Saturday) outside the building in Market Road, but was contained by police.
Three men were arrested at around 3pm on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated public order offence.
A 19-year-old man, from Dagenham, 35-year-old man, from Rochester, in Kent, and an 18-year-old man from, Yateley, in Hampshire, are currently in custody.
Essex Police received no prior notification of the demonstration taking place.
You may also want to watch:
There were about 30 protestors and the demonstration was over by 4.30pm.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 5 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham