Dagenham teen arrested at Chelmsford EDL protest
A 19-year-old man from Dagenham is among three people arrested following a protest by members of the English Defence League in Chelmsford city centre.
The demonstration started at around 2.30pm today (Saturday) outside the building in Market Road, but was contained by police.
Three men were arrested at around 3pm on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated public order offence.
A 19-year-old man, from Dagenham, 35-year-old man, from Rochester, in Kent, and an 18-year-old man from, Yateley, in Hampshire, are currently in custody.
Essex Police received no prior notification of the demonstration taking place.
You may also want to watch:
There were about 30 protestors and the demonstration was over by 4.30pm.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault