Dagenham teen arrested at Chelmsford EDL protest
A 19-year-old man from Dagenham is among three people arrested following a protest by members of the English Defence League in Chelmsford city centre.
The demonstration started at around 2.30pm today (Saturday) outside the building in Market Road, but was contained by police.
Three men were arrested at around 3pm on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated public order offence.
A 19-year-old man, from Dagenham, 35-year-old man, from Rochester, in Kent, and an 18-year-old man from, Yateley, in Hampshire, are currently in custody.
Essex Police received no prior notification of the demonstration taking place.
You may also want to watch:
There were about 30 protestors and the demonstration was over by 4.30pm.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 5 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows