Dagenham teen arrested at Chelmsford EDL protest
A 19-year-old man from Dagenham is among three people arrested following a protest by members of the English Defence League in Chelmsford city centre.
The demonstration started at around 2.30pm today (Saturday) outside the building in Market Road, but was contained by police.
Three men were arrested at around 3pm on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated public order offence.
A 19-year-old man, from Dagenham, 35-year-old man, from Rochester, in Kent, and an 18-year-old man from, Yateley, in Hampshire, are currently in custody.
Essex Police received no prior notification of the demonstration taking place.
You may also want to watch:
There were about 30 protestors and the demonstration was over by 4.30pm.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people