Dagenham teen arrested after £8,000 worth of iPhones stolen
- Credit: Archant
A boy from Dagenham was arrested on Boxing Day after £8,000 worth of phones were stolen.
Just before 6.30pm, Essex Road Policing Unit stopped a Nissan Micra in Chelmsford, Essex.
The three occupants were arrested in connection with the theft of phones from a shop in Norwich earlier that day.
They were driving with false number plates, and were thought to have stolen £8,000 worth of iPhones.
The 16-year-old from Dagenham was arrested on suspicion of theft and possession of drugs.
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of theft, and a 17-year-old from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of theft, driving without insurance and driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence.
They’ve all been released on bail until January 21.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?