Dagenham theft victim offers up £5,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
A £5,000 reward for information is being offered by a car body shop following a spate of oil thefts and criminal damage.
Fix Auto Dagenham, in Rainham Road South, has suffered £20,000-worth of losses over the past two years with nobody yet held to account.
Two oil thefts and three attempted thefts have been reported to police in the past 16 months, on top of scrap metal theft, vandalism to seven vehicles and a stolen motorbike.
Managing director, Chris Oliver expressed his frustration at the lack of progress, despite owning CCTV of the latest round of thefts and images of the specialist vehicle used in the robbery.
“Unless the robbers give themselves up in handcuffs, I struggle to see how on earth they are going to bring these ratbags to book,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“Unless the police start to take business crime seriously, they’ll be no businesses left in the borough.”
Anyone with information should contact the company directly on 020 8592 6111.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer