Dagenham theft victim offers up £5,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
A £5,000 reward for information is being offered by a car body shop following a spate of oil thefts and criminal damage.
Fix Auto Dagenham, in Rainham Road South, has suffered £20,000-worth of losses over the past two years with nobody yet held to account.
Two oil thefts and three attempted thefts have been reported to police in the past 16 months, on top of scrap metal theft, vandalism to seven vehicles and a stolen motorbike.
Managing director, Chris Oliver expressed his frustration at the lack of progress, despite owning CCTV of the latest round of thefts and images of the specialist vehicle used in the robbery.
“Unless the robbers give themselves up in handcuffs, I struggle to see how on earth they are going to bring these ratbags to book,” he added.
“Unless the police start to take business crime seriously, they’ll be no businesses left in the borough.”
Anyone with information should contact the company directly on 020 8592 6111.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests