Dagenham theft victim offers up £5,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
A £5,000 reward for information is being offered by a car body shop following a spate of oil thefts and criminal damage.
Fix Auto Dagenham, in Rainham Road South, has suffered £20,000-worth of losses over the past two years with nobody yet held to account.
Two oil thefts and three attempted thefts have been reported to police in the past 16 months, on top of scrap metal theft, vandalism to seven vehicles and a stolen motorbike.
Managing director, Chris Oliver expressed his frustration at the lack of progress, despite owning CCTV of the latest round of thefts and images of the specialist vehicle used in the robbery.
“Unless the robbers give themselves up in handcuffs, I struggle to see how on earth they are going to bring these ratbags to book,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“Unless the police start to take business crime seriously, they’ll be no businesses left in the borough.”
Anyone with information should contact the company directly on 020 8592 6111.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 3 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week