Dagenham theft victim offers up £5,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
A £5,000 reward for information is being offered by a car body shop following a spate of oil thefts and criminal damage.
Fix Auto Dagenham, in Rainham Road South, has suffered £20,000-worth of losses over the past two years with nobody yet held to account.
Two oil thefts and three attempted thefts have been reported to police in the past 16 months, on top of scrap metal theft, vandalism to seven vehicles and a stolen motorbike.
Managing director, Chris Oliver expressed his frustration at the lack of progress, despite owning CCTV of the latest round of thefts and images of the specialist vehicle used in the robbery.
“Unless the robbers give themselves up in handcuffs, I struggle to see how on earth they are going to bring these ratbags to book,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“Unless the police start to take business crime seriously, they’ll be no businesses left in the borough.”
Anyone with information should contact the company directly on 020 8592 6111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate