Dagenham thief caught with 44 phones down his undies
A Dagenham pickpocket who targeted clubbers was caught with 44 stolen mobile phones down his trousers, a court heard.
Iulian Cojocaru, 28, of Madison Court, Dagenham, is due to be sentenced later this month after pleading guilty to 25 theft charges when he appeared at Trafford Magistrates Court on Monday February 4.
The stash was found in lycra cycling shorts worn under his trousers as he left Warehouse Project in Trafford Park, Greater Manchester, according to police.
Club bosses were tipped off that a number of revellers had lost their phones – and arranged for Greater Manchester Police officers to search everyone leaving the venue on Friday February 1. They recovered the phones and arrested Cojocaru at the scene.
Officers are tracing victims, with more than 20 having come forward so far. The haul included iPhones, Androids and Blackberry handsets.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Debbie Oakes said: “We work closely with the event organisers who will continue to operate a tight security operation where searches take place on entry and exit.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers