Dagenham thief caught with 44 phones down his undies
A Dagenham pickpocket who targeted clubbers was caught with 44 stolen mobile phones down his trousers, a court heard.
Iulian Cojocaru, 28, of Madison Court, Dagenham, is due to be sentenced later this month after pleading guilty to 25 theft charges when he appeared at Trafford Magistrates Court on Monday February 4.
The stash was found in lycra cycling shorts worn under his trousers as he left Warehouse Project in Trafford Park, Greater Manchester, according to police.
Club bosses were tipped off that a number of revellers had lost their phones – and arranged for Greater Manchester Police officers to search everyone leaving the venue on Friday February 1. They recovered the phones and arrested Cojocaru at the scene.
Officers are tracing victims, with more than 20 having come forward so far. The haul included iPhones, Androids and Blackberry handsets.
Detective Inspector Debbie Oakes said: “We work closely with the event organisers who will continue to operate a tight security operation where searches take place on entry and exit.”
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough