Dagenham thief caught with 44 phones down his undies
A Dagenham pickpocket who targeted clubbers was caught with 44 stolen mobile phones down his trousers, a court heard.
Iulian Cojocaru, 28, of Madison Court, Dagenham, is due to be sentenced later this month after pleading guilty to 25 theft charges when he appeared at Trafford Magistrates Court on Monday February 4.
The stash was found in lycra cycling shorts worn under his trousers as he left Warehouse Project in Trafford Park, Greater Manchester, according to police.
Club bosses were tipped off that a number of revellers had lost their phones – and arranged for Greater Manchester Police officers to search everyone leaving the venue on Friday February 1. They recovered the phones and arrested Cojocaru at the scene.
Officers are tracing victims, with more than 20 having come forward so far. The haul included iPhones, Androids and Blackberry handsets.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Debbie Oakes said: “We work closely with the event organisers who will continue to operate a tight security operation where searches take place on entry and exit.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham