Dagenham woman to stand trial over racist tube rant
- Credit: Archant
A commuter allegedly filmed hurling racist abuse on the London Underground was in court today.
Claire Moloney, 40, of Western Avenue, Dagenham, is charged with a racially aggravated public order offence.
A YouTube clip uploaded earlier in April appeared to show Moloney arguing with another passenger while on the District line between Stepney Green and Mile End stations.
She was arrested after footage of the incident went viral and a witness appeal was made.
Moloney elected to have her case tried before a jury earlier this month.
She appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court today (Wednesday) and was released on bail to return to the same court for a plea and case management hearing on August 2.
A provisional trial date has been set for September 23.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns