Dagenham woman to stand trial over racist tube rant
- Credit: Archant
A commuter allegedly filmed hurling racist abuse on the London Underground was in court today.
Claire Moloney, 40, of Western Avenue, Dagenham, is charged with a racially aggravated public order offence.
A YouTube clip uploaded earlier in April appeared to show Moloney arguing with another passenger while on the District line between Stepney Green and Mile End stations.
She was arrested after footage of the incident went viral and a witness appeal was made.
Moloney elected to have her case tried before a jury earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
She appeared at Blackfriars Crown Court today (Wednesday) and was released on bail to return to the same court for a plea and case management hearing on August 2.
A provisional trial date has been set for September 23.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police