Daggers striker Brian Woodall gets 20 month ban for drink driving
- Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO
Daggers striker Brian Woodall has been given a 20-month driving ban after pleading guilty to drink driving.
The 25-year-old Dagenham and Redbridge FC player was also ordered to pay a £790 fine and £164 in court costs.
He was arrested by officers along Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham, on October 27 while driving a black Mercedes.
Woodall was found to be more than twice the legal limit after police carried out a breathalyser test.
Club boss Steve Thompson MBE said: “We are disappointed and reminded all of our players that they are role models and they need to consider the consequences of their actions.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand that Brian has been offered a reduction in his disqualification if he completes a drink and drug awareness course and we will support and encourage him to complete that.”
Woodall, of High Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, November 11.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 3 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 6 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 7 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 8 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
He is now on loan to conference south side Dover Athletic FC, though Mr Thompson said the move was planned and not connected to his prosecution.