Daggers striker Brian Woodall gets 20 month ban for drink driving
- Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO
Daggers striker Brian Woodall has been given a 20-month driving ban after pleading guilty to drink driving.
The 25-year-old Dagenham and Redbridge FC player was also ordered to pay a £790 fine and £164 in court costs.
He was arrested by officers along Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham, on October 27 while driving a black Mercedes.
Woodall was found to be more than twice the legal limit after police carried out a breathalyser test.
Club boss Steve Thompson MBE said: “We are disappointed and reminded all of our players that they are role models and they need to consider the consequences of their actions.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand that Brian has been offered a reduction in his disqualification if he completes a drink and drug awareness course and we will support and encourage him to complete that.”
Woodall, of High Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, November 11.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
He is now on loan to conference south side Dover Athletic FC, though Mr Thompson said the move was planned and not connected to his prosecution.