Daggers striker Brian Woodall gets 20 month ban for drink driving
- Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO
Daggers striker Brian Woodall has been given a 20-month driving ban after pleading guilty to drink driving.
The 25-year-old Dagenham and Redbridge FC player was also ordered to pay a £790 fine and £164 in court costs.
He was arrested by officers along Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham, on October 27 while driving a black Mercedes.
Woodall was found to be more than twice the legal limit after police carried out a breathalyser test.
Club boss Steve Thompson MBE said: “We are disappointed and reminded all of our players that they are role models and they need to consider the consequences of their actions.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand that Brian has been offered a reduction in his disqualification if he completes a drink and drug awareness course and we will support and encourage him to complete that.”
Woodall, of High Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, November 11.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
He is now on loan to conference south side Dover Athletic FC, though Mr Thompson said the move was planned and not connected to his prosecution.