Disabled pensioner attacked by two dogs in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
Police are looking for the owners of two dogs that attacked an elderly disabled lady.
The 76-year-old woman on was leaving her home in Tolworth Gardens in Chadwell Heath on Thursday (January 24) when the dogs approached her snarling, before biting her lower legs.
Several builders who saw the attack chased them away with shovels, and the animals ran off in the direction of Ilford.
The victim received minor injuries and did not need to go to hospital.
The larger dog is described as having light coloured and brown fur, possibly of a mastiff breed. The other dog is small and white.
Neither appeared to have owners nearby.
Police would like to hear from anyone who has information about the dogs or their owners. Please to contact police sergeant Ian Lee on 0207 161 9477 or email email@example.com.
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough