Driving instructors in the dock
A GANG of dishonest driving instructors and test examiners took �1,000 bribes to pass failed candidates in Barking, a court heard.
Nick Madigan, 38, of Kitkatts Road, Canvey Island, Essex and a second 47-year-old examiner, who cannot be named, handed learners test certificates, sometimes without even taking them out on the road.
Instructors Salima Rashid, 49, Sofia Rasool, 40, and Jasvinder Rai, 36, allegedly put forward learners, including a police community support officer, who were willing to pay to secure passes.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard a shady group of ‘introducers’ approached candidates after they had just failed their practical driving tests at the centre on Tanner Street.
Rashid, of St George’s Avenue, Grays, Essex; Rasool, of London Road, Barking, Essex, and Rai, of The Belfry, Clifford Road, Chafford Hundred, Grays, all deny conspiracy to commit bribery between January 1 2007 and June 30 last year.
You may also want to watch:
The trial continues
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall