Drug dealers from Dagenham and Ilford hid crack cocaine in their boxer shorts
- Credit: Archant
Two drug dealers found with 246 wraps of Class A drugs hidden in their boxer shorts, have been jailed.
Marian Beresoane, 35, of Roman Road, Ilford, and Robert-Marian Stanciu, of Dunkeld Road, Dagenham, were arrested after the car they were in was stopped by officers from Essex Police’s West Operation Raptor team in Harlow in January 28.
Chelmsford Crown Court heard that during a search of the car, officers found three mobile phones and the two men were taken to Harlow police station.
The driver, Beresoane, was found to be hiding 90 wraps of crack cocaine in his boxer shorts. Stanciu, the passenger, had 80 wraps of heroin and 69 wraps of crack cocaine in his boxers.
Bersoane admitted two counts of possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply, driving whilst disqualified and without insurance. He was jailed for 32 months and given an 18-month driving ban.
Stanciu pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply. He was also jailed for 32 months.
Following the sentencing on Tuesday, May 9, investigating officer Det Con Jack Etheridge of the West Operation Raptor team said: “The drugs concealed by both Beresoane and Stanciu were destined for the streets of our county, there can be no doubt about that.
- 1 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 2 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 3 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 4 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 5 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 6 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
“But unfortunately for both men they underestimated how intent Essex Police is on both preventing illegal drugs from reaching our streets and locking up those involved in their sale and distribution.
“Make no mistake, if you are involved in the illegal drugs trade just like Beresoane and Stanciu, it is only a matter of time before you can expect a visit from us.”
Essex Police set up Operation Raptor teams to target those involved in drug and gang-related crime.
If you have information about drug or gang-related crime in your community contact Essex Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.