Drug dealers from Dagenham and Ilford hid crack cocaine in their boxer shorts
- Credit: Archant
Two drug dealers found with 246 wraps of Class A drugs hidden in their boxer shorts, have been jailed.
Marian Beresoane, 35, of Roman Road, Ilford, and Robert-Marian Stanciu, of Dunkeld Road, Dagenham, were arrested after the car they were in was stopped by officers from Essex Police’s West Operation Raptor team in Harlow in January 28.
Chelmsford Crown Court heard that during a search of the car, officers found three mobile phones and the two men were taken to Harlow police station.
The driver, Beresoane, was found to be hiding 90 wraps of crack cocaine in his boxer shorts. Stanciu, the passenger, had 80 wraps of heroin and 69 wraps of crack cocaine in his boxers.
Bersoane admitted two counts of possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply, driving whilst disqualified and without insurance. He was jailed for 32 months and given an 18-month driving ban.
You may also want to watch:
Stanciu pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply. He was also jailed for 32 months.
Following the sentencing on Tuesday, May 9, investigating officer Det Con Jack Etheridge of the West Operation Raptor team said: “The drugs concealed by both Beresoane and Stanciu were destined for the streets of our county, there can be no doubt about that.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
“But unfortunately for both men they underestimated how intent Essex Police is on both preventing illegal drugs from reaching our streets and locking up those involved in their sale and distribution.
“Make no mistake, if you are involved in the illegal drugs trade just like Beresoane and Stanciu, it is only a matter of time before you can expect a visit from us.”
Essex Police set up Operation Raptor teams to target those involved in drug and gang-related crime.
If you have information about drug or gang-related crime in your community contact Essex Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.