Drugs crackdown: Police seize cannabis and cash in Dagenham
Police seized cannabis and cash during a drugs bust today.
Officers also arrested a man after raiding premises in Trefgarne Road, Dagenham, this morning.
Earlier, the Met said they had executed warrants at two Dagenham homes as part of a London-wide offensive against drug crime.
Police had shut down 11 cannabis farms, seized half a kg of heroin, 19 rocks of crack and made more than 50 arrests across the capital.
Cdr Mak Chishty said: “Drug dealing damages communities. It generates crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“The Met is determined to tackle this issue head on by bringing together our resources to reclaim and help repair areas affected by drug dealing.”
More than 1,000 officers are taking part in Operation Hawk featuring in excess of 800 activities such as drug testing, raids and searches at transport hubs.
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 3 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 4 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham's Holocaust Memorial Day plans unveiled
- 8 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham