Drugs crackdown: Police seize cannabis and cash in Dagenham
Police seized cannabis and cash during a drugs bust today.
Officers also arrested a man after raiding premises in Trefgarne Road, Dagenham, this morning.
Earlier, the Met said they had executed warrants at two Dagenham homes as part of a London-wide offensive against drug crime.
Police had shut down 11 cannabis farms, seized half a kg of heroin, 19 rocks of crack and made more than 50 arrests across the capital.
Cdr Mak Chishty said: “Drug dealing damages communities. It generates crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“The Met is determined to tackle this issue head on by bringing together our resources to reclaim and help repair areas affected by drug dealing.”
More than 1,000 officers are taking part in Operation Hawk featuring in excess of 800 activities such as drug testing, raids and searches at transport hubs.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs