Drugs crackdown: Police seize cannabis and cash in Dagenham
Police seized cannabis and cash during a drugs bust today.
Officers also arrested a man after raiding premises in Trefgarne Road, Dagenham, this morning.
Earlier, the Met said they had executed warrants at two Dagenham homes as part of a London-wide offensive against drug crime.
Police had shut down 11 cannabis farms, seized half a kg of heroin, 19 rocks of crack and made more than 50 arrests across the capital.
Cdr Mak Chishty said: “Drug dealing damages communities. It generates crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“The Met is determined to tackle this issue head on by bringing together our resources to reclaim and help repair areas affected by drug dealing.”
More than 1,000 officers are taking part in Operation Hawk featuring in excess of 800 activities such as drug testing, raids and searches at transport hubs.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 9 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
- 10 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports