Drugs crackdown: Police seize cannabis and cash in Dagenham
Police seized cannabis and cash during a drugs bust today.
Officers also arrested a man after raiding premises in Trefgarne Road, Dagenham, this morning.
Earlier, the Met said they had executed warrants at two Dagenham homes as part of a London-wide offensive against drug crime.
Police had shut down 11 cannabis farms, seized half a kg of heroin, 19 rocks of crack and made more than 50 arrests across the capital.
Cdr Mak Chishty said: “Drug dealing damages communities. It generates crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“The Met is determined to tackle this issue head on by bringing together our resources to reclaim and help repair areas affected by drug dealing.”
More than 1,000 officers are taking part in Operation Hawk featuring in excess of 800 activities such as drug testing, raids and searches at transport hubs.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London