Drunken woman punches stranger outside Romford pub
- Credit: Archant
A drunken woman standing outside a pub punched a passerby completely out of the blue, a court heard on Thursday (3).
Jolene Turvey, of Comyns Road, Dagenham, called the stranger a “c***” and then threw a punch at her neck.
The 27-year-old mum-of-one had been drinking at The Goose pub in Romford when she lashed out on August 15.
The victim, another woman, was unknown to Turvey and had just been walking past the pub.
Police were called and security at the pub had to restrain Turvey, who challenged a member of staff to a fight.
You may also want to watch:
Turvey pleaded guilty to common assault and to using threatening words or behaviour with intent to cause fear of violence.
Her defence lawyer said she was a weekend binge drinker who realised her behaviour was caused by alcohol problems.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
At Barkingside Magistrates’ Court, magistrates handed her a 12 month supervision order with a 16 week alcohol programme.
She was also ordered to pay £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.