Drunken woman punches stranger outside Romford pub
- Credit: Archant
A drunken woman standing outside a pub punched a passerby completely out of the blue, a court heard on Thursday (3).
Jolene Turvey, of Comyns Road, Dagenham, called the stranger a “c***” and then threw a punch at her neck.
The 27-year-old mum-of-one had been drinking at The Goose pub in Romford when she lashed out on August 15.
The victim, another woman, was unknown to Turvey and had just been walking past the pub.
Police were called and security at the pub had to restrain Turvey, who challenged a member of staff to a fight.
Turvey pleaded guilty to common assault and to using threatening words or behaviour with intent to cause fear of violence.
Her defence lawyer said she was a weekend binge drinker who realised her behaviour was caused by alcohol problems.
- 1 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 3 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
At Barkingside Magistrates’ Court, magistrates handed her a 12 month supervision order with a 16 week alcohol programme.
She was also ordered to pay £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.