Drunken woman punches stranger outside Romford pub
- Credit: Archant
A drunken woman standing outside a pub punched a passerby completely out of the blue, a court heard on Thursday (3).
Jolene Turvey, of Comyns Road, Dagenham, called the stranger a “c***” and then threw a punch at her neck.
The 27-year-old mum-of-one had been drinking at The Goose pub in Romford when she lashed out on August 15.
The victim, another woman, was unknown to Turvey and had just been walking past the pub.
Police were called and security at the pub had to restrain Turvey, who challenged a member of staff to a fight.
You may also want to watch:
Turvey pleaded guilty to common assault and to using threatening words or behaviour with intent to cause fear of violence.
Her defence lawyer said she was a weekend binge drinker who realised her behaviour was caused by alcohol problems.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 5 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
At Barkingside Magistrates’ Court, magistrates handed her a 12 month supervision order with a 16 week alcohol programme.
She was also ordered to pay £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.