East London child prostitution ring trial begins
The trial of four men accused of running a child prostitution ring in East London starts today.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, and Hassan Raza, 23, both of Westminster Gardens, Barking, are accused alongside Anas Iqbal, 25, of Newham Way, East Ham, and Nabil Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, Romford.
Ahmed denies six counts of rape, one count of controlling a child prostitute, one count of inciting child prostitution and one count of paying for the sexual services of a child.
Raza denies a single count of sexual assault.
The four men are appearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court this morning and the trial is expected to last between four and eight weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Check our website and see this week’s Post, out Wednesday, for updates from the courtroom.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 9 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 10 Barking and Dagenham Council backs campaign against 'cladding scandal'