East London child prostitution ring trial begins
The trial of four men accused of running a child prostitution ring in East London starts today.
Naeem Ahmed, 25, and Hassan Raza, 23, both of Westminster Gardens, Barking, are accused alongside Anas Iqbal, 25, of Newham Way, East Ham, and Nabil Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, Romford.
Ahmed denies six counts of rape, one count of controlling a child prostitute, one count of inciting child prostitution and one count of paying for the sexual services of a child.
Raza denies a single count of sexual assault.
The four men are appearing at Snaresbrook Crown Court this morning and the trial is expected to last between four and eight weeks.
Check our website and see this week’s Post, out Wednesday, for updates from the courtroom.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 6 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 7 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week