Exclusive: Dagenham man Neill Buchel’s mum speaks for first time since police recovered his body
- Credit: Archant
The mum of a father-of-two, whose severed leg was found in a Dagenham lake, has spoken for the first time since police today confirmed they had found the rest of his body.
Speaking to the Post, Trish Kell said she was in a “state of shock” after being told her son Neill Buchel’s body had been found in Chase Nature Reserve, Dagenham, by murder detectives.
The 39-year-old South African had been missing since March 13.
He was last seen less than two miles from where a human leg was found floating in a lake on April 2 — since identified as Neill’s.
“At least we now know that he has been found, if nothing else,” said Trish, who lives in South Africa.
You may also want to watch:
“Four weeks of sitting here and waiting — the not knowing has been awful.”
She said when police called and asked if somebody was with her she “knew immediately” they had found Neill, adding: “Then you think ‘did they die instantly’, all these thoughts keep on going around in your head and it’s terrible.”
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
Her son’s separated wife Sharon was said to be “devastated” by the news, which she has told to their two young daughters, Caitlin, 10, and Megan, 16.
Trish, who was due to speak to her granddaughters later on, said: “A child can’t comprehend this sort of thing and they shouldn’t be expected to.”
She added: “Why and how can anyone do this to another human being. What low level of humanity does that? Nobody deserves this.”
Police are carrying out a post-mortem to establish the time and cause of Neill’s death.
Three men been arrested and bailed in connection with the incident.