Exclusive: Dagenham man Neill Buchel’s mum speaks for first time since police recovered his body
- Credit: Archant
The mum of a father-of-two, whose severed leg was found in a Dagenham lake, has spoken for the first time since police today confirmed they had found the rest of his body.
Speaking to the Post, Trish Kell said she was in a “state of shock” after being told her son Neill Buchel’s body had been found in Chase Nature Reserve, Dagenham, by murder detectives.
The 39-year-old South African had been missing since March 13.
He was last seen less than two miles from where a human leg was found floating in a lake on April 2 — since identified as Neill’s.
“At least we now know that he has been found, if nothing else,” said Trish, who lives in South Africa.
You may also want to watch:
“Four weeks of sitting here and waiting — the not knowing has been awful.”
She said when police called and asked if somebody was with her she “knew immediately” they had found Neill, adding: “Then you think ‘did they die instantly’, all these thoughts keep on going around in your head and it’s terrible.”
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 5 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 6 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 7 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
Her son’s separated wife Sharon was said to be “devastated” by the news, which she has told to their two young daughters, Caitlin, 10, and Megan, 16.
Trish, who was due to speak to her granddaughters later on, said: “A child can’t comprehend this sort of thing and they shouldn’t be expected to.”
She added: “Why and how can anyone do this to another human being. What low level of humanity does that? Nobody deserves this.”
Police are carrying out a post-mortem to establish the time and cause of Neill’s death.
Three men been arrested and bailed in connection with the incident.