Fined: Dagenham market trader from Ilford who sold fake designer clothes
- Credit: LBBD
A trader at Dagenham Sunday market caught flogging fake designer clothes has been ordered to pay more than £3,000.
Ranjit Larr, 48, sold cheap copies of big-name brands such as Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren and Moncler.
Trademark representatives confirmed 51 items of clothing were counterfeit and without a registered trademark.
Larr, of Norfolk Road, Ilford, on Friday pleaded guilty to selling the rip-off rags at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.
He was fined £250 and told to pay a £30 victim surcharge and £2,832 costs to the council, of which he will repay £150 each month.
You may also want to watch:
The court also ordered the forfeiture of all the seized clothes.
“Selling fake goods is often seen as a victimless crime but that is not the case,” said Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 4 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 5 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
“All too often they are an inferior product and, in some situations, can be potentially dangerous.”