Fined: Dagenham market trader from Ilford who sold fake designer clothes
- Credit: LBBD
A trader at Dagenham Sunday market caught flogging fake designer clothes has been ordered to pay more than £3,000.
Ranjit Larr, 48, sold cheap copies of big-name brands such as Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren and Moncler.
Trademark representatives confirmed 51 items of clothing were counterfeit and without a registered trademark.
Larr, of Norfolk Road, Ilford, on Friday pleaded guilty to selling the rip-off rags at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.
He was fined £250 and told to pay a £30 victim surcharge and £2,832 costs to the council, of which he will repay £150 each month.
You may also want to watch:
The court also ordered the forfeiture of all the seized clothes.
“Selling fake goods is often seen as a victimless crime but that is not the case,” said Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
“All too often they are an inferior product and, in some situations, can be potentially dangerous.”