Gunshots leave some tower block residents in fear
- Credit: Archant
Residents have told The Post they’ve been left afraid of their area after a series of gunshots just outside their homes.
Police and armed officers were called at around 7.30pm on Saturday, August 31, to reports of shots and found weapons and bullet casings at the scene in Harts Lane, Barking.
One resident, who lives in the Colne House tower block, said he's planning to move away from the area. He lives with his son. The Post spoke to him just outside the block on the condition that his name was not disclosed.
He said: "At first, I thought they were fire crackers, but when I heard it again, I knew it wasn't.
"I shut my windows so no bullets could ricochet back into my flat and hit my son."
You may also want to watch:
Another resident, in her mid-30s, lives in the block with her three young children. "I feel unsafe," she said.
"I feel this everywhere, it can happen everywhere.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
"I don't feel safe for my kids. I'm scared."