Gunshots leave some tower block residents in fear
- Credit: Archant
Residents have told The Post they’ve been left afraid of their area after a series of gunshots just outside their homes.
Police and armed officers were called at around 7.30pm on Saturday, August 31, to reports of shots and found weapons and bullet casings at the scene in Harts Lane, Barking.
One resident, who lives in the Colne House tower block, said he's planning to move away from the area. He lives with his son. The Post spoke to him just outside the block on the condition that his name was not disclosed.
He said: "At first, I thought they were fire crackers, but when I heard it again, I knew it wasn't.
"I shut my windows so no bullets could ricochet back into my flat and hit my son."
You may also want to watch:
Another resident, in her mid-30s, lives in the block with her three young children. "I feel unsafe," she said.
"I feel this everywhere, it can happen everywhere.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 8 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 9 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
"I don't feel safe for my kids. I'm scared."