Gunshots leave some tower block residents in fear
- Credit: Archant
Residents have told The Post they’ve been left afraid of their area after a series of gunshots just outside their homes.
Police and armed officers were called at around 7.30pm on Saturday, August 31, to reports of shots and found weapons and bullet casings at the scene in Harts Lane, Barking.
One resident, who lives in the Colne House tower block, said he's planning to move away from the area. He lives with his son. The Post spoke to him just outside the block on the condition that his name was not disclosed.
He said: "At first, I thought they were fire crackers, but when I heard it again, I knew it wasn't.
"I shut my windows so no bullets could ricochet back into my flat and hit my son."
Another resident, in her mid-30s, lives in the block with her three young children. "I feel unsafe," she said.
"I feel this everywhere, it can happen everywhere.
- 1 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 4 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 Barking BikeFest comes to town
- 6 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 7 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 8 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 9 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 10 Trust cuts waiting list backlog created by computer error
"I don't feel safe for my kids. I'm scared."