Fifth arrest following death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
A fifth person has been arrested following the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock.
The 19-year-old man, of Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, was arrested last night on suspicion of murder and joins four others in police custody.
Mr Pocock’s body was found badly beaten and half-naked on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey just before 6am on Wednesday, August 7.
A 44-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Manor Park, Newham, together with a 20-year-old man from Benfleet, Essex, and a 15-year-old boy, also from Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, were earlier arrested on suspicion of murder.
A post mortem examination concluded Mr Pocock, 34, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, died of significant head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, should call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167 or contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils