Fifth arrest following death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
A fifth person has been arrested following the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock.
The 19-year-old man, of Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, was arrested last night on suspicion of murder and joins four others in police custody.
Mr Pocock’s body was found badly beaten and half-naked on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey just before 6am on Wednesday, August 7.
A 44-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Manor Park, Newham, together with a 20-year-old man from Benfleet, Essex, and a 15-year-old boy, also from Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, were earlier arrested on suspicion of murder.
A post mortem examination concluded Mr Pocock, 34, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, died of significant head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, should call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167 or contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 2 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 3 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 4 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 5 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 9 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital