Fifth arrest following death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
A fifth person has been arrested following the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock.
The 19-year-old man, of Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, was arrested last night on suspicion of murder and joins four others in police custody.
Mr Pocock’s body was found badly beaten and half-naked on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey just before 6am on Wednesday, August 7.
A 44-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Manor Park, Newham, together with a 20-year-old man from Benfleet, Essex, and a 15-year-old boy, also from Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, were earlier arrested on suspicion of murder.
A post mortem examination concluded Mr Pocock, 34, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, died of significant head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, should call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167 or contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 7 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week