Fifth arrest following death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
A fifth person has been arrested following the death of Dagenham man Gary Pocock.
The 19-year-old man, of Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, was arrested last night on suspicion of murder and joins four others in police custody.
Mr Pocock’s body was found badly beaten and half-naked on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey just before 6am on Wednesday, August 7.
A 44-year-old man and a 20-year-old man, both from Manor Park, Newham, together with a 20-year-old man from Benfleet, Essex, and a 15-year-old boy, also from Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, were earlier arrested on suspicion of murder.
A post mortem examination concluded Mr Pocock, 34, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, died of significant head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses, or anyone with any information, should call 101 quoting CAD 07-0167 or contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Ban on antisocial behaviour around Dagenham Heathway station extended
- 3 Timeline: When false widow spiders have come to east London
- 4 NHS trust to run online consultations on new clinical strategy
- 5 Former Ford apprentices reunite at college - some after nearly five decades
- 6 Ex-footballer, Ford strike leader and Iranian embassy siege cop awarded Barking and Dagenham's highest accolade
- 7 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 8 Domestic abuse support hub opens in Barking
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic