Fifth arrest in Joshua Bwalya stabbing case
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a fifth man after the fatal stabbing of Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
The 19-year-old suspect was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday evening. He remains in custody at a south London police station.
Police also arrested an 18-year-old and another male of unknown age that day, both of whom remain in custody.
Joshua, 16, was found with lying injured in the street in Movers Lane at 1am on August 2.
Police found two males, aged 16 and 20, near the scene with stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
They were taken to hospital and later arrested on suspicion of murder, but have since been released with no further action.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8345 1570 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils