Fifth arrest in Joshua Bwalya stabbing case
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a fifth man after the fatal stabbing of Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
The 19-year-old suspect was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday evening. He remains in custody at a south London police station.
Police also arrested an 18-year-old and another male of unknown age that day, both of whom remain in custody.
Joshua, 16, was found with lying injured in the street in Movers Lane at 1am on August 2.
Police found two males, aged 16 and 20, near the scene with stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
They were taken to hospital and later arrested on suspicion of murder, but have since been released with no further action.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8345 1570 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham