Fifth person arrested in connection with death of Dagenham man in Anerley
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of 22-year-old Ayodeji Habeeb Azeez have arrested a fifth person.
A 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder last week and is in custody at a south London police station.
Four arrests have previously been made in connnection with the death of Ayodeji, from Dagenham.
Chase Grey, 23, of Lancaster Road, South Norwood, has been charged with murder and will appear at the Old Bailey on January 31.
A 19-year-old and 21-year-old have been released under investigation, while a 16-year-old girl has been bailed pending further enquiries until December.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called at around 12.30pm on Sunday, November 4 to reports of a stabbing in Samos Road, Anerley.
Officers, London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended and found Ayodeji suffering stab injuries. Despite the efforts of emergency services, he was pronounced dead at 12.59pm.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
A post-mortem examination which took place at Princess Royal Hospital mortuary on Tuesday, November 6 gave his cause of death as multiple stab wounds.