Fifth person arrested in connection with death of Dagenham man in Anerley
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of 22-year-old Ayodeji Habeeb Azeez have arrested a fifth person.
A 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder last week and is in custody at a south London police station.
Four arrests have previously been made in connnection with the death of Ayodeji, from Dagenham.
Chase Grey, 23, of Lancaster Road, South Norwood, has been charged with murder and will appear at the Old Bailey on January 31.
A 19-year-old and 21-year-old have been released under investigation, while a 16-year-old girl has been bailed pending further enquiries until December.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called at around 12.30pm on Sunday, November 4 to reports of a stabbing in Samos Road, Anerley.
Officers, London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended and found Ayodeji suffering stab injuries. Despite the efforts of emergency services, he was pronounced dead at 12.59pm.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
A post-mortem examination which took place at Princess Royal Hospital mortuary on Tuesday, November 6 gave his cause of death as multiple stab wounds.