Fifth person arrested in connection with death of Dagenham man in Anerley
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of 22-year-old Ayodeji Habeeb Azeez have arrested a fifth person.
A 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder last week and is in custody at a south London police station.
Four arrests have previously been made in connnection with the death of Ayodeji, from Dagenham.
Chase Grey, 23, of Lancaster Road, South Norwood, has been charged with murder and will appear at the Old Bailey on January 31.
A 19-year-old and 21-year-old have been released under investigation, while a 16-year-old girl has been bailed pending further enquiries until December.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called at around 12.30pm on Sunday, November 4 to reports of a stabbing in Samos Road, Anerley.
Officers, London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended and found Ayodeji suffering stab injuries. Despite the efforts of emergency services, he was pronounced dead at 12.59pm.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
A post-mortem examination which took place at Princess Royal Hospital mortuary on Tuesday, November 6 gave his cause of death as multiple stab wounds.