First picture of Barking stabbing victim Joshua Bwalya released as police launch appeal
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have released the first picture of Joshua Bwalya, 16, who was stabbed to death in what they have called a “senseless act of violence”.
Joshua, who is said to have played for Barking FC’s youth team, was found with stab wounds in Movers Lane, Barking, at 1am on Wednesday.
Despite paramedics’ desperate attempts to save him, the teenager died at the scene.
Police are now appealing for help to find anyone who might know more about what happened prior to Joshua’s death.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes said: “Joshua’s young life was cut short by a senseless act of violence when he was approaching the prime of his life.
You may also want to watch:
“The attack was not only cowardly, but brutal. I urge anyone who has information that can help our investigation to come forward and help us to bring Joshua’s murderers to justice.”
Two other young men, aged 16 and 20, were found nearby with stab wounds and were separately taken to hospital where they were arrested on suspicion of murder.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
The 20-year-old man is currently in custody at an east London police station following his discharge from hospital.
The 16-year-old has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information should police on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.