First picture of Barking stabbing victim Joshua Bwalya released as police launch appeal
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have released the first picture of Joshua Bwalya, 16, who was stabbed to death in what they have called a “senseless act of violence”.
Joshua, who is said to have played for Barking FC’s youth team, was found with stab wounds in Movers Lane, Barking, at 1am on Wednesday.
Despite paramedics’ desperate attempts to save him, the teenager died at the scene.
Police are now appealing for help to find anyone who might know more about what happened prior to Joshua’s death.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes said: “Joshua’s young life was cut short by a senseless act of violence when he was approaching the prime of his life.
You may also want to watch:
“The attack was not only cowardly, but brutal. I urge anyone who has information that can help our investigation to come forward and help us to bring Joshua’s murderers to justice.”
Two other young men, aged 16 and 20, were found nearby with stab wounds and were separately taken to hospital where they were arrested on suspicion of murder.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest
The 20-year-old man is currently in custody at an east London police station following his discharge from hospital.
The 16-year-old has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information should police on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.