Five due in court charged with Gary Pocock murder on Isle of Sheppey
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a 15-year-old boy are due in court today charged with the murder of Gary Pocock, whose body was found on beach on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent.
The men were charged with the 34-year-old’s murder on Thursday, and will appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Pocock’s body was found on the beach in Warden Bay Road, Leysdown on August 7, with a post-mortem showing he died from head injuries.
Mr Pocock, of Lillesdon Road, Dagenham, was described by friends as “a lovely chap” and a “harmless fella.”
Christopher James Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, has been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, in Newham, east London, are also charged with murder.
A further two teenagers from the Isle of Sheppey face the same charge.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
One is Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Warden, and the other is a 15-year-old boy from Warden who cannot be named for legal reasons.