Five men arrested after armed robbery at Chadwell Heath off-licence
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after an armed robbery at an off-licence.
Armed police were called to Milap Mini Market in High Road, Chadwell Heath, at the junction with Whalebone Lane North, at 3.40pm.
The store owner has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with a head and leg injury, according to his son Milap Shah, 29.
The off-licence has a Western Union money transfer shop inside.
According to Mr Shah, his father has been mugged twice and his shop targeted by burglars in the last 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s shocking. He’s just trying to make a living.”
The five men arrested are currently in custody in unnamed east London police stations.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
Officers from Flying Squad are investigating.
• Did you see what happened? Call Freddy on 020 8477 3816, or email email@example.com