Five men arrested after armed robbery at Chadwell Heath off-licence
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after an armed robbery at an off-licence.
Armed police were called to Milap Mini Market in High Road, Chadwell Heath, at the junction with Whalebone Lane North, at 3.40pm.
The store owner has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with a head and leg injury, according to his son Milap Shah, 29.
The off-licence has a Western Union money transfer shop inside.
According to Mr Shah, his father has been mugged twice and his shop targeted by burglars in the last 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s shocking. He’s just trying to make a living.”
The five men arrested are currently in custody in unnamed east London police stations.
- 1 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 9 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
Officers from Flying Squad are investigating.
• Did you see what happened? Call Freddy on 020 8477 3816, or email firstname.lastname@example.org