Five men arrested after armed robbery at Chadwell Heath off-licence
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after an armed robbery at an off-licence.
Armed police were called to Milap Mini Market in High Road, Chadwell Heath, at the junction with Whalebone Lane North, at 3.40pm.
The store owner has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with a head and leg injury, according to his son Milap Shah, 29.
The off-licence has a Western Union money transfer shop inside.
According to Mr Shah, his father has been mugged twice and his shop targeted by burglars in the last 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s shocking. He’s just trying to make a living.”
The five men arrested are currently in custody in unnamed east London police stations.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
Officers from Flying Squad are investigating.
• Did you see what happened? Call Freddy on 020 8477 3816, or email email@example.com