Five men arrested after armed robbery at Chadwell Heath off-licence
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after an armed robbery at an off-licence.
Armed police were called to Milap Mini Market in High Road, Chadwell Heath, at the junction with Whalebone Lane North, at 3.40pm.
The store owner has been taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with a head and leg injury, according to his son Milap Shah, 29.
The off-licence has a Western Union money transfer shop inside.
According to Mr Shah, his father has been mugged twice and his shop targeted by burglars in the last 18 months.
He said: “It’s shocking. He’s just trying to make a living.”
The five men arrested are currently in custody in unnamed east London police stations.
- 1 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
Officers from Flying Squad are investigating.
• Did you see what happened? Call Freddy on 020 8477 3816, or email firstname.lastname@example.org