Five men from Barking charged after gun raids
- Credit: MPS
Five men from Barking are among a group of 10 charged after gun raids across east London, Essex and Kent.
The warrants, at eleven addresses, were carried out on Wednesday, March 3.
The 10 men have since been charged with conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life and conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm with intent.
The five from Barking are: Veron Nikolla, 18, of Dovehouse Mead; Robert Ograja, 18, of Upney Lane; Alex Thuo, 19, of Wivenhoe Road; Ashar Silcott, 19, of Middleton Grove and Jordan Oseha, 19, of King Edwards Road.
A 16-year-old boy and two 17-year-olds, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged with the same offences along with Daniel Adarkwah, 19, of Canterbury, Kent and Hakan Ozcan, 18, of Harwich in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
They were all charged on Wednesday, March 3 and remanded to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, March 4.
Mr Oseha was released on bail pending his next court appearance while the rest remain in custody.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory