Five men from Barking charged after gun raids
- Credit: MPS
Five men from Barking are among a group of 10 charged after gun raids across east London, Essex and Kent.
The warrants, at eleven addresses, were carried out on Wednesday, March 3.
The 10 men have since been charged with conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life and conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm with intent.
The five from Barking are: Veron Nikolla, 18, of Dovehouse Mead; Robert Ograja, 18, of Upney Lane; Alex Thuo, 19, of Wivenhoe Road; Ashar Silcott, 19, of Middleton Grove and Jordan Oseha, 19, of King Edwards Road.
A 16-year-old boy and two 17-year-olds, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged with the same offences along with Daniel Adarkwah, 19, of Canterbury, Kent and Hakan Ozcan, 18, of Harwich in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
They were all charged on Wednesday, March 3 and remanded to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, March 4.
Mr Oseha was released on bail pending his next court appearance while the rest remain in custody.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'