Five remanded in custody after court appearance over Gary Pocock death
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a teenager charged with the murder of Dagenham man Gary Pocock have been remanded in custody after appearing in court today.
Christopher Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, appeared alongside Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Newham, and Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Kent, at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court.
A 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was also remanded in youth custody
The body of 34-year-old Mr Pocock, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was found half-naked and badly beaten on a beach in Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, on Wednesday, August 7.
All four men will attend bail hearing at Maidstone Crown Court within the next few days.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year old-woman, of Manor Park, Newham, was also arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. She has been bailed until Friday, October 4, pending further investigations.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?