Five remanded in custody after court appearance over Gary Pocock death
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a teenager charged with the murder of Dagenham man Gary Pocock have been remanded in custody after appearing in court today.
Christopher Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, appeared alongside Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Newham, and Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Kent, at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court.
A 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was also remanded in youth custody
The body of 34-year-old Mr Pocock, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was found half-naked and badly beaten on a beach in Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, on Wednesday, August 7.
All four men will attend bail hearing at Maidstone Crown Court within the next few days.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year old-woman, of Manor Park, Newham, was also arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. She has been bailed until Friday, October 4, pending further investigations.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 9 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 10 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning