Five remanded in custody after court appearance over Gary Pocock death
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a teenager charged with the murder of Dagenham man Gary Pocock have been remanded in custody after appearing in court today.
Christopher Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, appeared alongside Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Newham, and Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Kent, at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court.
A 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was also remanded in youth custody
The body of 34-year-old Mr Pocock, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was found half-naked and badly beaten on a beach in Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, on Wednesday, August 7.
All four men will attend bail hearing at Maidstone Crown Court within the next few days.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year old-woman, of Manor Park, Newham, was also arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. She has been bailed until Friday, October 4, pending further investigations.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.