Five remanded in custody after court appearance over Gary Pocock death
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a teenager charged with the murder of Dagenham man Gary Pocock have been remanded in custody after appearing in court today.
Christopher Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, appeared alongside Matthew Terry, 20, and Mark Terry, 44, both of Grantham Road, Newham, and Jamie West, 19, of Cliffe View Gardens, Kent, at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court.
A 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was also remanded in youth custody
The body of 34-year-old Mr Pocock, of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was found half-naked and badly beaten on a beach in Warden on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, on Wednesday, August 7.
All four men will attend bail hearing at Maidstone Crown Court within the next few days.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year old-woman, of Manor Park, Newham, was also arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. She has been bailed until Friday, October 4, pending further investigations.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars