Barking teens arrested following reports of machete being brandished
- Credit: Archant
Four teenagers from Barking have been arrested following reports of a machete being brandished in a street in Grays.
Police were called to the Essex town yesterday (Sunday, May 17) at around 4.30pm and arrested three people - a man aged 18 and two boys aged 15 and 17 - on suspicion of affray and possession of an offensive weapon.
Another 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of affray.
All four remain in custody for questioning.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Grays local policing team on 101, quoting 868 of 17 May.
You may also want to watch:
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 8 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup