Barking teens arrested following reports of machete being brandished
- Credit: Archant
Four teenagers from Barking have been arrested following reports of a machete being brandished in a street in Grays.
Police were called to the Essex town yesterday (Sunday, May 17) at around 4.30pm and arrested three people - a man aged 18 and two boys aged 15 and 17 - on suspicion of affray and possession of an offensive weapon.
Another 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of affray.
All four remain in custody for questioning.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Grays local policing team on 101, quoting 868 of 17 May.
You may also want to watch:
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012