Four held after Barking teen attack
- Credit: Archant
Police held four people in dawn raids today after a serious assault left a New Year’s Eve reveller in hospital.
The 17-year-old boy from Barking needed stitches after suffering cuts to the head and hand in an armed gang attack at Tower Gateway DLR.
Today, police arrested three men aged between 18 and 22 and a 17-year-old boy in Docklands following a CCTV appeal.
British Transport Police Ch Supt Paul Brogden said: “This was a nasty attack on a teenage boy.
“BTP takes incidents like this very seriously and we will do everything in our power to bring the offenders to justice.
You may also want to watch:
“Our investigation remains ongoing but we would still like to hear from anyone with information about the incident.”
The four suspects remain in custody. The assault took place at around 12.50am on January 1. Anyone with information is urged to call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7 - 21/01/13.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations