Four held after Barking teen attack
- Credit: Archant
Police held four people in dawn raids today after a serious assault left a New Year’s Eve reveller in hospital.
The 17-year-old boy from Barking needed stitches after suffering cuts to the head and hand in an armed gang attack at Tower Gateway DLR.
Today, police arrested three men aged between 18 and 22 and a 17-year-old boy in Docklands following a CCTV appeal.
British Transport Police Ch Supt Paul Brogden said: “This was a nasty attack on a teenage boy.
“BTP takes incidents like this very seriously and we will do everything in our power to bring the offenders to justice.
You may also want to watch:
“Our investigation remains ongoing but we would still like to hear from anyone with information about the incident.”
The four suspects remain in custody. The assault took place at around 12.50am on January 1. Anyone with information is urged to call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7 - 21/01/13.
- 1 Teenage girl raped by Dagenham man who locked her in his car
- 2 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 3 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 4 Stephen Port: Victims' inquests delayed until autumn by Covid
- 5 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children
- 6 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 7 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 8 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 9 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
- 10 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?