Four held after Barking teen attack
- Credit: Archant
Police held four people in dawn raids today after a serious assault left a New Year’s Eve reveller in hospital.
The 17-year-old boy from Barking needed stitches after suffering cuts to the head and hand in an armed gang attack at Tower Gateway DLR.
Today, police arrested three men aged between 18 and 22 and a 17-year-old boy in Docklands following a CCTV appeal.
British Transport Police Ch Supt Paul Brogden said: “This was a nasty attack on a teenage boy.
“BTP takes incidents like this very seriously and we will do everything in our power to bring the offenders to justice.
You may also want to watch:
“Our investigation remains ongoing but we would still like to hear from anyone with information about the incident.”
The four suspects remain in custody. The assault took place at around 12.50am on January 1. Anyone with information is urged to call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting B7 - 21/01/13.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites