Four men and teenager to face murder trial over death of Dagenham’s Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a teenager will face a jury trial over the death of Gary Pocock.
Christopher Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, and Jamie West, 19, of Cliff View Gardens, Sheerness, appeared alongside Mark Terry, 44, and Matthew Terry, 21, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday, December 13.
A teenager, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, appeared alongside them.
They all pleaded not guilty to murder.
Lisa Terry, 33, also of Grantham Road, denied charges of perverting the course of justice.
You may also want to watch:
The body of Gary Pocock of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was found on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, early on Wednesday morning, August 7.
A post mortem examination revealed the 34-year-old had died of severe head injuries.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 10 Letter writing, Ramadan, Cats Protection, Islamophobia and Covid
The defendants will next appear at the court on Monday, February 3.