Four men and teenager to face murder trial over death of Dagenham’s Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a teenager will face a jury trial over the death of Gary Pocock.
Christopher Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, and Jamie West, 19, of Cliff View Gardens, Sheerness, appeared alongside Mark Terry, 44, and Matthew Terry, 21, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday, December 13.
A teenager, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, appeared alongside them.
They all pleaded not guilty to murder.
Lisa Terry, 33, also of Grantham Road, denied charges of perverting the course of justice.
The body of Gary Pocock of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was found on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, early on Wednesday morning, August 7.
A post mortem examination revealed the 34-year-old had died of severe head injuries.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 5 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 8 McMahon proud of excellent Dagenham & Redbridge win over Wrexham
- 9 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
- 10 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
The defendants will next appear at the court on Monday, February 3.