Four men and teenager to face murder trial over death of Dagenham’s Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a teenager will face a jury trial over the death of Gary Pocock.
Christopher Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, and Jamie West, 19, of Cliff View Gardens, Sheerness, appeared alongside Mark Terry, 44, and Matthew Terry, 21, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday, December 13.
A teenager, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, appeared alongside them.
They all pleaded not guilty to murder.
Lisa Terry, 33, also of Grantham Road, denied charges of perverting the course of justice.
You may also want to watch:
The body of Gary Pocock of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was found on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, early on Wednesday morning, August 7.
A post mortem examination revealed the 34-year-old had died of severe head injuries.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 7 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 8 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 9 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 10 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
The defendants will next appear at the court on Monday, February 3.