Four men and teenager to face murder trial over death of Dagenham’s Gary Pocock
- Credit: Archant
Four men and a teenager will face a jury trial over the death of Gary Pocock.
Christopher Bones, 20, of Dorothy Gardens, Dagenham, and Jamie West, 19, of Cliff View Gardens, Sheerness, appeared alongside Mark Terry, 44, and Matthew Terry, 21, both of Grantham Road, Manor Park, at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday, December 13.
A teenager, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, appeared alongside them.
They all pleaded not guilty to murder.
Lisa Terry, 33, also of Grantham Road, denied charges of perverting the course of justice.
You may also want to watch:
The body of Gary Pocock of Lillechurch Road, Dagenham, was found on a beach on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, early on Wednesday morning, August 7.
A post mortem examination revealed the 34-year-old had died of severe head injuries.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
The defendants will next appear at the court on Monday, February 3.