Dagenham and Romford women arrested after brutal attack on man at Leicester Square tube station
- Credit: Google
Four women have been arrested after a man was assaulted at Leicester Square tube station shortly early yesterday (Sunday).
The 19-year-old victim was rushed to hospital after sustaining a broken eye socket and cuts to his face in the attack, which occurred just after 2am.
Police arrested four women — a 26-year-old from Romford, a 22-year-old from Dagenham and two other 22-year-olds of no fixed address — at the scene on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm, violent disorder and affray, a spokeswoman for British Transport Police (BTP) said.
During their arrest, two officers were also attacked and one of the 22-year-olds was further arrested on suspicion of assaulting them.
All four have since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Admissions open for new Barking school